Transfer / Withdrawal Policy
Policy on transfer/ withdrawal:
1) Student who requests for an internal course transfer within the School will have their existing contract terminated. This includes students who changes the course or period of study (from full-time to part-time or vice versa).
2) The Refund Policy shall apply unless as otherwise agreed between the School and the Student.
3) All request must be made in writing. Verbal notice is not accepted.
4) The student must fulfill all the admissions criteria of the new course and will be subjected to the School’s student selection and admission procedures.
5) A student who withdraws from the School to enroll with another school (i.e. discontinues all its courses with the school) shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the School and the refund policy and procedures shall apply.
6) For students that are under 18 years of age, written consent from the parent / legal guardian must be obtained.
7) Course Fees Paid for the current course can be transferrable to the new course subject to Imelda’s approval. Any transfer of fees will be prorated on the unconsumed fees.
8) Imelda reserves the right to not grant transfer for course fees.
Conditions for granting of Transfer and Withdrawal:
Request for transfer/withdrawal will only be considered for students that do not have any outstanding payments due to Imelda.
Student to fill in Course Transfer / Withdrawal Request Form, including submission of any supporting documents and adhering to the process as stated in the Course Transfer and Withdrawal Procedures.
Conditions for Refund:
Imelda’s Refund Policy shall apply for all qualified refunds. Students are to refer to the School’s Refund Policy and the Standard Student Contract for further details.
Timeframe for assessing and processing transfer/ withdrawal cases
The entire transfer / withdrawal process, from point of application to the final outcome, should not be more than 4 weeks. If the final outcome is not in favor of the applicant, respective staffs are to handle each situation according to the School’s dispute resolution policy and procedure.
Transfer / Withdrawal Procedure
1. Student to fill in Course Transfer / Withdrawal Request Form, including submission of any supporting documents.
2. Requests for transfer are treated as withdrawal from a course and treated as a new application for a new course. Student must meet the entry requirements of the course applied for.
3. For students under 18 years old, request for transfer/withdrawal must be accompanied by student’s parent/ guardian approval in written form.
4. Request for transfer/withdrawal will only be considered for students that do not have any outstanding payments due to Imelda.
5. Outcome of application for transfer/withdrawal of course processed and notified in writing within 4 weeks from the date of submission of written request for transfer/withdrawal.
6. Upon approval of the transfer/withdrawal, the previous student contract will be considered as void.
7. Refund Policy shall apply for all qualified refunds.