Dispute Resolution Policy And Procedure
Handling of Feedbacks and Complaint
Imelda accepts both written (emails / letters / Feedback Forms) and verbal communications (meetings / telephone correspondences) for ease of providing feedback.
Imelda will seek feedback from its key stakeholders and external partners for continual improvement of its systems and processes.
All feedbacks and complaints must be properly recorded and /or documented. Any correspondence (including actions taken) between the School and the student must be annexed as evidences. This is to ensure that any staffs handling the case are kept aware of the progress / outcomes.
In the event of any appeals for retention, suspension, expulsion and awards, the School’s Dispute Policy and Process shall follow.
It is the responsibility of the Corporate Services Department to notify relevant departments of any feedbacks and complaints.
Students must be kept informed of the status of their feedback / complaints.
Corporate Services Department is to respond to respective students within 3 working days of receipt of the feedback / complaint.
All feedbacks / complaints must be resolved within 21 working days. In the event that the deadline is not adhered to, respective students must be notified and the reasons with regards to the delay must be made known.
All feedback and complaints are to be evaluated, and improvements to be made in response to them. Such improvements are to be documented for re-evaluation after its implementation, and the complainant/person giving feedback will be informed.
Alternate Remedies in Dispute Resolution
In the event that the School and the student cannot come to an agreement or the student does not accept the final decision made by the School’s Management Team, they will be referred to Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) or Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb) through CPE Student Services Centre for mediation.
Dispute Resolution Procedure
1. Fill in the Feedback Form and submit it to Imelda.
2. Imelda will acknowledge your feedback/complaint within 3 working days.
3. Within 14 days, Imelda will propose a solution to you.
4. Should you not be satisfied with the solution, the matter will be escalated to the Principal.
5. Should the final resolution still be unsatisfactory, you will be referred to the Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) or Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb) through the Council for Private Education Student Services Centre.
6. The entire process should not take more than 21 working days.